Bum ba ba BUMMMM!!!

Do NOT use cell phones during match play!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some things to consider...

Okay, so I should address the fact that I didn't mention Portugal in my team lists. B Blatz pointed this out and all I can say is that Cristiano Ronaldo forever ruined that hopeful young squad in my mind. I used to really like Deco too. Simao, another favorite. But I can't do it, not with that Clark Kent cheesedick winking at his bench after getting Rooney thrown out last time. He is good though. I suppose Deco, Simao, and others keep them off the must-lose/enemies-of-my-state list but I still don't want them to win. (Which they probably won't but could - will address later.)

Okay, settled.

On a more technical note, I just want to say that the use of the vernacular is expected and probably encouraged so those with more sophisticated tones of discourse are officially warned. Fahkin' sorry but that's how it's gonna be. And oh yes, I did just imitate an English accent, which will also probably happen frequently in tone and terminology. Fah fahk's sake that's right! And yes, you will be annoyed.

Moving on, some things I'll bring your way if you follow the BLOG:

1. Up-to-Date schedule of games including maybe some back stories behind the bigger matches.
2. Scathing day-after refereeing when the calls go against any team I want to win.
3. Pre-Tourney predictions and team reports - which I encourage others to talk about. For example, how Italy is taking too old of a squad to do any real damage, or how now that Ballack is out (also old), Germany is too (think average age of their team in general). Or maybe how because Dunga is coaching Brazil, it's not going to be the beautiful finesse game of Brazil past but more a quick-counter/deadly set piece attack with overall size and power. (Maicon to Alex all day long.)
4. Also I'd love to do a FIFA compare stat thing from one of the new systems once the squads are announced. Who has the strongest eleven according Electronic Arts?
5. Ummm... And fuck the Lakers, Celtics, Red Sox and Yankees, and Dodgers, and Padres, and Drogba...
6. Finally, put your forty where your mouth is. We can and will make gentleman side bets with the increment of betting being the ubiquitous 40 oz of malt liquor. Any non-malt must be specified before hand in the bet. The totals from Fantasy Football do count, though they can't be bet down. (Mosconi - your magic number is 7)

Cool, that's all I got for now. Let me know what else I can put up here and maybe some tricks like a countdown clock or an in-match chat feature. (Looking at Austin, 'cuz you have so many other blogs and Dave 'cuz you know comp sci pretty good.)

Cheers mates (get used to it)

The Chimpion

2 comments:

  1. Yo J Drew, what up wit all yo Chimpion bullshit? Don't get it twisted fool. You's one goofy lookin' white motherfucker. Best not be talkin' no jive bout us niggas, da Chimpion don't want us rollin' up on no suburbia, we be skewerin' yo honky ass on da goal post like a mother fuckin' key-bob. believe dat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work there... it's a simpson reference but thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete