Bum ba ba BUMMMM!!!

Do NOT use cell phones during match play!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ESSSSPPPAGGNNNAAA!!!!!

Yes, the Dutch did win as well, but the real game (and we all know this) was Germany v. Spain. And guess what? Spain has a little bit better of a defense than Argentina. (Goal scorer Puyol, Pique.) And England. (See parenthetical comment before.)

I suppose we should also mention that feeder Muller wasn't on the field AND the tactical change of Pedro in the midfield over Torres up front. Pedro had an amazing game, causing troubles for the German side throughout the first half, both on the dribble and passing. Muller, absent, couldn't feed the perfect counter attack ball, nor could he maintain the calm that he established through the side throughout the tournament.

Then again, I don't think Muller had to worry about coming from behind before. (Correct me when I'm wrong please.)

So now it's two of my more favorite teams in the final: The Netherlands and The Spain. Oh wait, I guess The Spain doesn't need the article.

Anyway, we all know what the Netherlands need to do to win: Take the ball away from Spain. Then they can pretty much do with it what they will - just don't let the Spanish pressure you until cracking. All their wins are the same (Spain that is): 65% ball control, the game always in their opponents half, swarm defense on the counter-attack. It's not a bad plan really - until someone scores and their goal total minimalism becomes a stark and obvious flaw.

The Dutch, for their part, have plenty of urgency and desire to win the cup. Then there's the fact that they have some amazing players. Truly amazing players - I think Arjen Robben is unparalleled in this tournament for sheer impact on the game. Then, to balance things off, there's Dirk Kuyt. I'm a Liverpool supporter so I know about Dirk, but my god, that guy plays hard. He looks a little scary - his ears connote dude from Goonies. Hey you guys, what about Wesley Sneijder? Wow. Him and Schweinie were some of the best of this tournament. (Bye-bye Schweinie...)

All I'm saying is that I like both Holland and Spain as far as football is concerned but I have to root for one team. That team is...

Espagne!!!!!!

I say Spain beats Holland 2 -1.

By the way, nice work Grand Poobah for picking the two in the final. Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment