Bum ba ba BUMMMM!!!

Do NOT use cell phones during match play!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Best Team Won... Again.

The Bafana Bafana. The Vuvuzela. Soccer City. Diego Forlan and David Villa. The Cup, from the year 2010, is now over.

Thank you, because it was brilliant.

Thank you, and now I'm a little sad...

El Roja deserved to win today. Robben had the chance to sneak a goal via a brilliant through ball from Sneijder (I think) and Casillas made perhaps the most well-timed sprawl a keeper can make. But can I deny Stekelenburg's amazing save of Sergio Ramos' first (and more difficult) header?

Yes, the game was sloppy, nervous, and indecisive. But damn, those keepers had a game.

To me, the whole tournament rewarded and penalized in a just fashion. The unfortunate circumstances of some squads were little more than an inevitable reality check from teams that played too loose. The ambitious, driven squads awed and upset opponents but were eventually found lacking. The counter-attack was successful (and fashionable) but ultimately, the possessive, patient teams won.

Many say this cup lacked in sport. I'm not one of those persons.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to shed a tear for Diego Forlan's last set piece against Germany went off the bar. I'm not sure that I've ever wanted a goal to go in more badly than that one.

    Fantastic tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete